Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Life keeps on keepin' on

I hate that it's been nearly a month since I wrote...but honestly I haven't had the time. Well scratch that...I could have made time I just had other things I needed to be doing.

Since my last post( let's see if I can go in order) I received a new job at a BABY store called BuyBuy Baby. It's owned by the same people who own Bed, Bath & Beyond. I'm very VERY excited about this new job. Since the 4th of June, I've been PUTTING the store together. I really had no idea how hard it was to BUILD a store from the ground up. Even with all the work, I've enjoyed EVERY second of the hard work.
June 3rd was Jillian's last Musical Extravaganza and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't QUITE as good as last years, however it was still amazing. She had a solo from "Funny Girl" and killed it!! She did marvelous and I was so proud of her. :) I got to see Adam again, which is always fun. We discussed our HPM aka Harry Potter Marathon; we were trying to figure out when we could have it...and it's become quite difficult due to Jillian's never ending busy schedule. She leaves in August for college and I have HARDLY seen her and I honestly hate that. She is not only my cousin but my best friend...so it'll be hard without her around. It's hard NOW and she's still here. LOL.

Also on June 4th- 6th I helped my sister and brother-in-law move to their new rent house in Flower Mound. It was draining for me...but I didn't mind helping them. She is my family and I would be lost without her too. She's helped me through so much and I wanted to help them even though I was tired. I don't feel like I did enough but with starting a new job, I was only able to do so much. Their new house has a pool which is really good for her, she can cool off in the pool and be lazy(which she NEEDS to do). she's been going non-stop for WEEKS and deserves to be lazy. She is further away, which I don't like...but at least she is in the same state. I really have no right to complain because I'm not the one who moved... so I'm gonna shut up.

The grand opening of BuyBuy Baby is on Friday and I'm SOOO excited. I don't think I can even find the words. Not only do I LOVE this job, enjoy the people I work with, the energy, the environment...I get to buy things for my nephew Liam. I'm so excited to be an aunt. I hope I'm a good Aunt and the he will know how much I love him. I'm not perfect...far from it actually and I just want to be the best aunt I can.

God has been providing for me non-stop it feels through the past couple years. Protecting me, helping to grow up, helping me to move forward and be the person I've always wanted to be, and show me what I'm meant to do. I hate to admit that with my up and down relationship with God that I had doubts several times...but in putting ALL my faith in him...he ALWAYS provided for me. It's been an eye opener to say the least.

Side note.... I have a pen pal in Ireland(I've always wanted to know someone in Ireland) and he(yes he) is surprisingly everything I've wanted in a guy. My mom finds it a tad funny that the moment I truly give everything to God, having to do with relationships...THIS happens. Jillian...she keeps saying don't get me hopes up....
Me...I've given it to God, and I'm enjoying his friendship and enjoying learning things about him, Ireland and that culture. I told momma that it is nice to get to know someone who literally has NO IDEA who I am. Doesn't know any of my past mistakes, and I can be myself without worrying if they know my sister,  my momma, grandparents, cousins, ect. It's nice to have someone to talk to that's a guy...that I can actually trust. Yes, he lives across the pond and all, but it's just nice.

I registered for the Fall semester and I'm sooo excited about that too. It's so odd being excited about school, but I love it!! I"m actually going to the South campus this semester. I feel like...and this is NOTHING bad about the Trinity River Campus...but I feel like I had HARDER teachers at the South. I want to get used to having harder teachers, because I DOUBT I will have easy teachers at University.(ok THAT was weird) I'm taking English Composition 2, Us History since 1876 and Speech. Speech I'm doing online(mainly because I was told it was easier) and I'm taking History from the teacher my momma and sister had. I've heard nothing but good things, and I actually WANT to learn about History. I haven't heard of the English professor but I'm still excited. :)

I wrote a tad on my novel, but not enough that makes me happy. The good thing about this job, is it will give me time to write and give me insurance. :)

Well I guess that's all for today...EXCEPT Harry Potter comes out in a MONTH!!! I'm so excited!!!! :)

Tiffany Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment