Well hello bloggers. It's been awhile and life has yet again changed.
I'll get into the major change in a different post, mainly because this post is for a purpose all of on it's own.
I have a simple question for my readers. Do you ever mistake a dream you've had for reality? Have you ever dreamt of something and believed it to be true?
I've had said moment and in doing so have put my foot in my mouth. I suppose I'd written out the conversation that took place in said dream enough times that when I dreamt it, it felt as though I finally had the gall to say the words I'd been wanting to say for nearly a year. I hate mistaking something that felt real for something that was only in my head. I look like a liar, the person I told said conversation to looks like a liar, AND I feel as though I'm back at the starting line. Back at the treasure map staring at the god for saken "X".
My dreams have for as long as I can remember felt like I was living in that moment, and when I wake I have to sit and think,"wait, real or dream?" I suppose with this one dream I was so damn caught up in the moment that I believed it to be real and not dream because I wanted it to be damn true. The only problem is instead of keeping my mouth shut until I realized, DREAM, I involved someone who has ALWAYS had my back and now I look like I lied. I HATE looking that way because I never meant to look that way. I HONESTLY believed it was real and that this conversation went well. Looking at the whole situation now, I know there is NO WAY that it could have gone as well as I said it did. My brain should have screamed at me, "SHUT THE HECK UP! KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED!" Yet the words escaped through my fingers and onto the phone and the send button was pushed. It honestly wasn't until she sent me a text a couple hours later stating, "*name of person here* said yall didn't talk...." that my brain went, "DUH!" I literally looked at the screen in horror thinking, "What the hell did I do? We didn't talk...well shit, I dreamt the WHOLE thing." I literally felt like I had been kicked with a steel toe boot to the gut.
I want my best friend to know, I am sorry for this whole misunderstanding that I caused with not thinking hard before mentioning this conversation. It was my fault and I want to make it right.
My dreams need to cease and desist with feeling like I'm in reality. I wouldn't feel like a liar, and I wouldn't have another lesson to be learned with thinking. Obviously I needed it, but still. I think I understand now. Think before ANY actions no matter what.
Tiffany Leigh


No comments:
Post a Comment