Sunday, September 9, 2012

My life in movie scores

Hello bloggers.

Lately I've been listening to nothing but, movie soundtracks, scores, ect and I feel as though each day is a different kind of soundtrack.
Everyone has their favorite composers, and if you say you don't, you're probably lying because you just don't want to admit you listen to music with no words. :P

Here's a list of some of my favorite composers:
Hans Zimmer- known most for Pirates of the Caribbean, Inception, The Lion King, Sherlock Holmes, The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Holiday
Danny Elfman- any Tim Burton movie :P Spiderman Triology
James Newton Howard - Peter Pan, The Hunger Games
Randy Edelman- Leap Year
Nicholas Hopper, Alexandre Desplat - Harry Potter
Patrick Doyle - Brave
Howard Shore - Lord of the Rings

Now depending on my mood, I most often feel like one of these composer could write a song that could let people know exactly how I'm feeling, or what's going through my mind. Let's say I was in a very dark and dreary mood it would most likely be composed by Danny Elfman. Something along the lines of the soundtracks to Sleepy Hollow or Edward Scissorhands. If I was in a fowl mood. Let's say I'm so furious I want to punch someone in the face, I could most definitely picture some major brass going on with layers of winds and violins. Thus it would be Hans Zimmer. something like Inception, Sherlock Holmes, or Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest. Now if I'm in a fun loving mood, dancing around it could be Patrick Doyle, Hans Zimmer, or James Newton Howard. When I literally dance around my room, bathroom, house, I'm listening to Brave, The Holiday, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, & Peter Pan. When I'm in a romantic mood or a calming mood....needing that serene kind of music to write to, I often will let my ears take in the mesmerizing styling of Randy Edelman, Nicholas Hopper, Alexandre Desplat, and Howard Shore. Not only are the scores these composers write breath taking... beautiful, but they touch my soul. The emotions of the songs are there...I know that sounds crazy but I believe that's how they write. They want the audience to feel what the characters in the films feel during the scenes the songs are played. I may not be a die hard Lord of the Rings fan, but I am a die hard fan of the scores. I think it's the mix of celtic with modern, and folk...just touches me. It makes me feel at home. Just as Randy Edelman made me feel comfortable, at ease, like a child with the Leap Year soundtrack. It may not be a good movie all around but the music...that is what pulls me in every time. Patrick Doyle...oh my...I think he is making his way up on my favorite composer list after seeing Brave. The celtic, Scottish/Irishness of it...pulled me right in, and before I even watched the movie I had the soundtrack. I only do that with Hans Zimmer. :)

If you are sensing a trend...I'm more pulled toward folk, loud, and different....original. Something no one else has ever come up with...Hans Zimmer with so many of the songs from The Dark Knight, Sherlock Holmes, and Pirates of the Caribbean. If my life could have a score I would want those composers to each compose a part of my life...I think that would be QUITE enjoyable....

And this post was quite random...but I'm listening to Pandora and all of these composers are playing back to back, so it made me think...while I was writing on my work in never ending progress novel...I wonder what it would be like to have them compose my life. :)

Take this or leave it...just something fun to think about. ;)

Tiffany Leigh


No comments:

Post a Comment