Saturday, April 27, 2013

I really do LOVE Spring and Summer



Afternoon bloggers!


Spring and Summer in Texas are always my favorite seasons, mainly because Summer can reach all the way into October and that's when my best memories are usually made. Even though Spring is mid way through I've made some pretty dang good memories thus far; and I know that there are more to come. 

I do enjoy the month of March because I have several friends whose birthdays are in that month, along with Spring Break and St. Patrick's Day. :) Seeing as I'm Irish, I do indeed like to celebrate the holiday and hope to one day spend the holiday in Ireland.  I do have BIG dreams for myself. I only live once and I plan to live each day to the fullest. Two of my favorite moments from March have to do with two people that are very close and dear to my heart. I spent time with that young man...you know the one I mentioned in previous posts who is my "man-spiration". ( yeppers just made up a new word)  I enjoy any amount of time I'm allotted with him because he is so busy, with work, other friends, and trying to stay positive...which isn't the easiest thing for him to do. I also spent time with my dear friend Nikki, and we met Brian Louis on St. Patrick's Day and he is helping me with my writing.  Now what I mean by that my dear bloggers, is that he has two agent friends and told me if I'm serious about wanting to become a writer(and I am) that I should stop figeting and holding myself back and take the plunge and see what they have to say.  Any type of criticism is helpful.  So...I took that plunge and sent a couple stories to him, and he in turn sent them to his agent friends. I will not even begin to say that I wasn't a little scared of what the outcome would be, because that would be a blatant lie, and I don't want to lie to y'all. I was terrified honestly, mainly because one of the stories has SO much of me and my life in it...or how i want it to go...however you want to put it.  It's very close to my heart and what scared me the most about sending it was that someone would simply laugh and say it was inadequate work and that I should scrap it. Which I would not do no matter what. People are entitled to their opinions and that's fine, and I would take any criticism I received and use it to better my talent that God gave me.  


Then we move on to my birthday month and I honestly wasn't looking forward to it too much, only because I'd been on a job search for so long and was getting a little down...or more than a little down, however I tried to find the positive and I did.
I got to spend time yet again with that young man and my dear best friend Nikki, and sense my other best friend Nicole isn't here to continue making crazy memories, I have make some without her. ;) Spending days with this young man always brighten my whole mood, because we can sit and talk, sit in silence, watch movies, play video games, play pool, ANYTHING, and I enjoy his company.  His life is all hectic and he constantly kicks himself for past mistakes, talks to girls, then stops because he just gets bored I guess, or he finds something wrong. I'm not 100% sure but until he can forgive himself he isn't going to be truly happy, and he can't be with someone when he still loves his ex. Oh boy howdy does he ever still love her. Breaks my heart, but all I can do is be there for him and support him in ANY way I can. So we just spend time together and enjoy the company. :) I went to a Zac Brown Band concert with Nikki 2 days before my birthday and I have to say it was AMAZING! We weren't far from the stage and they sound, in my opinion, better live than on their CD's. :)  My love for country music has pretty much come back in full swing and my love for ALL things country is right there with it.  I found that out while listening to them sing, and I fell in love with country all over again. 



The month is almost over, and I have to say the last days of my birthday month have been just as amazing as the month itself.  I started my new job yesterday/last night and I LOVE IT! It's such a fun atmosphere and I'll have to get used to hosting again, and the computer system...putting reservations in the computer system and simply getting accustomed to the whole system in itself.  I want to do the best I can at this job, have fun, and enjoy everyone who works there. I already really like the other two hosts and they have welcomed in open arms. The GM...dad gum...he is so down to earth and easy to be around. It's such a close knit little family atmosphere and I'm so glad I found the ad on Craigslist and applied. Turns out that I went to high school with the Event Coordinator and one of the servers dates a girl I went to grade school with. I'm comfortable in the atmosphere, even though it is a 4 STAR restaurant and that will take getting used to, and so will just how the system works, but I know I'll get the hang of it. I have great teachers and they welcome any questions I have, which is a welcome change. I'll be working mostly nights starting off and I'm fine with that.  I get a week off in December and July, I get the Monday's of Memorial and Labor Day off...I mean this is a dream restaurant job. Keeping positive and knowing I can do it is all I have to do. :)

May is just around the corner and then that brings June, July, August and so on. I'm so excited to see what the next couple months bring me, and the memories that are sure to be made. Well I guess that's all I have for right now. I'm hoping to possibly hang out with some friends tonight after work , tomorrow or Monday sense I'm off.  I hope everyone enjoys this very pretty Saturday. ;)

God Bless.

Tiffany Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment