Friday, April 12, 2013

Wide Open Road

Hello blog world!!!

It's been MONTHS since I've written on here and I must apologize for that. I always state that I'm going to stick to this writing on here, and yet I fall short every time. Well, seeing as my writing in general no longer has to take a back seat to my life, you won't have to wait months upon months to see how I'm doing. 

My life has been a hectic mess since about December when my best friend Nicole went into the Navy. She's been there since December 3rd, and I honestly couldn't be prouder of her. Yes, it's been one of the hardest situations I've had to deal with, going from seeing her everyday to only being able to talk via text, letter, and Facebook. I've told her a MILLION times how proud I am of her, and how watching her pursue her dreams pushes me to move forward with my dreams, goals, and hopes. She may be younger than me, but in all the honesty she acts more MY age than HALF the people I know that are close to being as old as me.

Writing has been something I've found comfort in since I was in Elementary school, but it wasn't until a couple years ago when I realized how much writing make me feel...like myself. I'll always have a love of animals, THAT will never change, and my want to help conservation of endangered species will always be there. However, when I look to the future, to see what I may be doing...I see myself writing. In some sort of career having to do with writing, whether it's me teaching and being an author, owning my own book store/cafe; or all of the above. My love for writing, the escape, the happiness I feel when I create my own world...nothing beats that. Well almost nothing.

The support I have had from my closest and dearest friends has been something that I never thought I'd have. Pushing me to not give up, throwing support my way every chance they get, and even when I least expect it. Without them I believe that my fear would get the best of me and I wouldn't keep up with all the writing I've been doing. 

Over the past months I've had people come into my life, that have brought new experiences my way and I have the opportunity to get some of my work published because of a friend God placed in my life on St. Patrick's Day this year. God has been providing for me...well forever; however it's only over the past years that I've realized how far I strayed and how things have happened to brought me back to him. I thank him everyday for the opportunities I have had and for the ones that are sure to come. 

I start a new job on Wednesday and I'm couldn't be happier for the fact that my perseverance has come through and my patience brought this opportunity to me. I'm going to be 27 in a few short weeks, and I'll finally have a BIG girl job and I'll be able to go back to school full time in the fall. :) I'm even thinking of working a little part time at a retail store to get a little extra money on the side and get discount on clothes. HAHA. :D We'll see how it all pans out. 

I have a wide open road ahead of me, and the only thing missing is someone to share it with. Yes, I should be looking for long term because I am about to be 27, but first I just want to find someone I can be MYSELF with. Someone I can have fun with and be HONEST with. Someone I can just spend a chill afternoon and night with and not EXPECT anything out of it except for his company. Yeah, I may not want to be 30 when I get married but once again, I've realized EVERYTHING is God's timing and I know he'll provide for me when the time is right for me. Not when I WANT it to happen, BUT when GOD wants it to happen. This is the hardest thing for me to remember, however just over the past couple weeks I've given everything to him and once I did that everything started to get easier and situations fell into place. :) 

Welp, I guess I made this long enough, and NOW I'm going to update my writing blog, and listen to some KILLER country music. :) Oh, yeah, since God placed Nicole and a couple other people reminded me how much I love country. I mean, come one I love the outdoors and want to live on a farm and have LAND when I get married one day. :) So OF COURSE I love country music. :D

I hope all of you are having a fabulous Friday. i swear I won't go this long without writing again. ;)

God Bless! :)

Tiffany Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment