Howdy bloggers!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Well today is mother's day and I'm going to gush and boast about my momma in this post. :)
People always say that their mother's are better than everyone else's and honestly...everyone is entitled to their opinion and EVERYONE is going to think their mom is better than someone else's...I'm no different. It takes a strong person to be a mother, to be able to handle all of the ups and downs of their child's life.
I've always believed that God gave me my momma for a specific reason, and every time I do something right/wrong it's brought to my attention again. She always pushes me to be the person she knows I can be. Her endless support for me is unwavering and even though we may not see eye to eye on everything(and we never will) we do on the things that truly matter in life. I've learned so much from her; how to a woman of God, my creativity comes from her, my love for people and putting others before myself, that somethings are more important than worldly items, ect. She has taught me so much in my 27 years of life and I know the lessons are still coming.
She's always been my biggest fan and I couldn't be more grateful to her for being someone I could talk to and go to for advice when I couldn't go to friends. She loves me for who I am..faults, past mistakes, and future mistakes to come. I suppose that come naturally when you become a momma and I can't wait to become a mother one day and pass on what she has taught me to my son/daughter. I hope I'm half the mom she is, because if I'm anything like she was to me, my kids will know just how amazing their Gigi is when I have them.
She has shared in my triumphs and shared in my tears with me. She's taught me compassion, loyalty, the importance of being honest NO MATTER WHAT. She has taught me that strength comes in many forms and that being weak isn't a bad thing. She's taught me to reach for the stars, that nothing isn't impossible with God.
I may not say "Thank you" enough, or show how much she means to me enough, but I do hope that she knows that I love her more and more every day. That NOTHING she has done for me through the years has been forgotten. NOTHING she has told me is truly forgotten either, it's in my brain just waiting for the opportune moment to share it's knowledge with me once again. I'm not ungrateful to everything she has done for me, I may get overwhelmed with the world, and take her for granted, but I wouldn't be who I am without her guidance and support. I wouldn't have the determination to not give up, if it weren't for her either. I get some of my best traits from her and it always brings a smile to my face when people say I'm like her. I don't get it often, because I do have so much of my dad in me, but OH MAN, no one truly knows how over joyed I am when I get comments about how I take after her. I don't even think she knows how happy it makes me.
When my dad wasn't around, my momma became my best friend. I know that seems weird to some people, but she did. We we got closer than we had ever been before and I'm so grateful for that fact. She helped me to find myself, push me to be myself and not change for anyone. Told me that EVERYDAY, and it took time to sink in, and once I finally figured it out, she was there. Cheering me on. She's always been my cheerleader too. :) She is one of the strongest people in my life, and as I said before, I want to be the kind of woman she is. I've seen her work her way through some hard trails and she comes out stronger/tougher than before and I'd like to think and I want her to know...that THAT'S the person I want to be.
So thank you momma for all that you do. For the person you are. For the teacher you truly are. I love you so much and I thank God everyday for the fact that he chose you to be my mother. That you have stood by me through all my trials, triumphs and everything to come. Being your daughter is a privalige and I also thank God that I was given the chance to call you mom. I love you and thank you for everything you do for me on a daily basis. I know you have put up with some real crap from me through the years, but thank you for never giving up on me. For always cheering me on, helping me see the person God wants me to be. For teaching me the importance in being a true friend and everything that entails. I could keep going on with this post but I believe she and all of you know/can see how much I love my momma.
God bless all the moms in the world. We wouldn't be here without all of you. :)
Tiffany Leigh
P.S, Follow me on instagram ginger_texan11

No comments:
Post a Comment