Friday, May 3, 2013

Like a "ROCK"



A close friend and I were having an argument about which truck was better. Ford or Chevy. Now being born and raised a Chevy girl, I can NOT stray from the beauty that is a Z71 Silverado with a lift kit, kick A tires, and everything that makes a truck...well a truck. I won't lie...I do like Ford trucks...that and the GT Cobra Mustang are ALL I like that comes from Ford...mainly the KING Ranch Truck...because after I saw it at the Texas State Fair this past year...well..they're pretty. LOL

Ford and Chevy have the best slogans for their trucks. Ford, is "BUILT TOUGH" and Chevy is "LIKE A ROCK". I mean...what's better than those two? I say nothing.

I personally love those because right now, they describe me. I've been through hell and back over the past months, learning lessons, growing up, letting go of obstacles that were holding me back, and I've realized I'm a great deal stronger than I thought. I'm built tough and I'm like a rock. God made me tough, I mean, come on...I'm the only redhead in my family; I've had a love hate with my hair color along with my skin tone, and it took me much too long to love me for me. Redheads have to be tough just like blondes because we get made fun of quite a bit, however I'd take a blonde joke over being told I have no soul any day. ;) 
I've had to grow tephlan skin as my Papa would say which has made me stronger. God made me TOUGH. It hasn't been an easy road, but that's why we have trucks...to help us over the rocky terrain(Just like God helps me) of course also to help us through the mud. ;) Now comes the "Like a Rock". Rocks stand firm during all types of weather, can handle being stepped on, thrown around ect...that's sorta what I've been going through lately. God NEVER gives me more than I can handle...it says that in his word, and each time I come out the other side stronger than I was before, I'm amazed that I was able to handle the situation he put me in. I've been walked on by past friendships, I've been "thrown" around by those same friendships, and I stand firm in who I am, what I believe, and what I want out of my life. I'm like a 'ROCK" because of God, because of the people he has placed in my life to support me and love me; and because he loves me..imperfections, faults, mistakes, everything. To me, there is nothing greater than knowing no matter what, I have that to lean on. I'm so utterly blessed to have such strong men and women in my life and some of them don't even realize how strong they are....but when they do, WATCH OUT WORLD. You won't know what hit you. God knew the people he wanted to be in my life from day one, when I would need them, and who will stand by me during my hardships/trials, and those people have made themselves known throughout the past months. I thank each and every one of you for standing by me, even when times were CRAZY, and I was a mess. You helped me see the light, and bring me back to reality with support and love day, night, measly hours in the morning...it doesn't matter with y'all and for that I thank you, and I'm grateful to all of you.
I've been around trucks my entire life. My dad, papa, my sister's boyfriends, my guy friends...have all had trucks, and I've always loved them...however it wasn't until recently that I truly realized how much I love them. They're built strong, to handle all kinds of terrain and weather. They're built big to accommodate carrying all types of loads, families, ect. What's not to love about trucks? ;)
I'm a southern gal, finding myself and loving myself for who God has made me to be for the first time. Being me...being southern...loving the country, trucks, gettin' dirty, being outside...it's who I am...I'm done fighting it...it's a useless battle and I did the same thing with my writing, and once I found that love that had always been there, hidden under insecurities I put that love for writing into first gear and went full steam ahead. I'm doing the same thing now. I'm done fighting who God made me to be...
I'm a hopeless romantic, who's always looking for that forever love, that does exist I believe that with all my heart, and refuse to settle for anything less than what I want and deserve.
I'm a writer. I use past experiences, dreams, my interests, and pure imagination to write out and create my own worlds. It's so calming and relaxing to just sit and let out what I'm thinking, feeling, imagining onto paper or the computer. I may not be as good as Stephen King or Nora Roberts, but I have faith and I have courage to not give up. It's not in me. I'm a fighter. I don't like to give up on things that are put in front of me, UNLESS in the end, they bring me down...make me depressed and doubt who I am. Sometimes I have to decide what is worth fighting for and what isn't. It's not being weak, it's being strong in knowing when to let things go. I'm tough. I have to be...maybe not HAVE to be...but I chose to be. I have a big heart, which helps me to forgive people easily and care deeply about those in my life. I give second, third, fourth, chances...I even give more, because people are NOT perfect. We are human, and make mistakes daily, and I am NOT one to judge. I've made plenty of mistakes, and I don't have that right, only God does and I leave that to him. I believe people can change if they chose to, but it has to be on their terms, with themselves and God. I KNOW I can NOT change anyone, I've seen people I love try to change others, and I've seen the heart ache. I don't want to do that, I simply want those I love to know, I'm there. Anytime. Day, night, measly hours...I won't give up on them, because they won't give up on me.  I care with my whole heart, and some people don't know how to deal with it, and it freaks them out, makes them think I'm crazy..but I'm not. Like I said, I just care so much, because my heart is so big...I don't know how to be any other way.
 I'm country. I may not live on a farm, have horses, or a big twain in my voice, but I love horses, being outside, gettin' dirty, all those things make me...me. I'm a tom boy with a girly side. I've always been a tom boy. I love sports, doin' hard work, gettin' dirty, but I also have that side where it's fun to get dressed up...go shop with the gals every now and then...that's just me.
 I'm a rock when it comes to what I believe. I'm a Christian. I have been since the 2nd grade, and God has provided for me COUNTLESS times. I've fallen away several times, but always find my way back to him. I have faith that God provides through every trial, no matter how difficult and no matter how hard they are...he provides through it all.I have that firm faith because he has proven to provide solace and comfort through so many obstacles and hurts I've been through. I believe everything happens for a reason. I know people HATE that saying, but God puts us in situations so we may learn from them, at the time, we NEVER see what that lesson is. But after...oh after it's always so clear and knowing you have this being with you, every step of the way, protecting you and showing you that "hey, yeah that situation sucked, but you had to go through it to become the person I want you to be." It's always hard to wrap my mind around especially with everything I've been through, but in the end, he's always right. I've become so much stronger as a person, more forgiving, more open with those that love me...everything happens for a reason.
  I believe in the power of prayer and what that entails. I believe God answers all of our prayers, even if it isn't in a blatant way that we can see immediately; he answers them on his own time which in the end is always perfect.  People assume there's a right and wrong way to pray...there's not. it's simply talking to God like you would a friend...because that's what he is. He loves us...no matter what we do, all we have to do is ask for forgiveness, learn from that mistake and forgive ourselves. THAT is the hardest part...and has ALWAYS been the hardest thing for me to do. Is forgive myself for the mistakes and choices I've made. In the end, I realize, if God can love me, even with all of those mistakes, why can't I love myself in return? I've FINALLY forgiven myself for all my past mistakes and choices and I'm determined to not repeat the past. That determination comes with me being stubborn. It's a good and bad trait to have and I wouldn't be me without that stubbornness.

I'm a SOUTHERN GAL. I'm a HOPELESS ROMANTIC. I'm a WRITER. I'm a CHRISTIAN. I'm STUBBORN. I'm FORGIVING. I'm a LOVER. I'm a FIGHTER. I'm a true FRIEND. I'm COUNTRY. I'm a TOM BOY. I'm an AUNT. I'm a SISTER.I'm a DAUGHTER.
 I'm built TOUGH. I'm like a ROCK.

That's me in a nutshell...there's more to me...but this...this is the important part of who I am. Take it or leave it.


God Bless y'all and enjoy this BEAUTIFUL Friday. :)

Tiffany Leigh




No comments:

Post a Comment