Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Already TWO weeks into May...

Is it just me or is this year just flying by? I mean...seriously!! It's already the second week of May and that means the rest of summer is just around the corner!(which is a WONDERFUL thing)

I guess I should start with Mother's Day. :) It was a marvelous day, spend with family, and this was ACTUALLY the first Mother's Day, I've actually gotten to spend the whole day with my mom, in about 3 years. I blame the food industry for that indiscretion. :P It was nice to be able to go out to eat(@ Papasitos no less) for lunch with my momma, sister, brother in-law, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and two of my cousins. I felt so blessed to be able to that, since I hadn't been able to in such a long time. After lunch, I dropped my grandparents off at their house, then ended up staying there for a bit, and talking to my sister, momma, and nana. THEN, my momma, sister and I went to go look at a house., :) It's gorgeous and VERY much resembles EVERYTHING my sister has ever wanted in a house. I'm praying for her and Michael(brother in-law) that God will allow them to purchase this house. It will be a wonderful way for them to start their family, and I want nothing more than my sister to be HAPPY! She deserves all the happiness in the world, and I mean that. :)
After that, we went home(our separate ways) and I studied for a good 3 1/2 hours for my two finals(that I have today. One down, one more at NOON!) Then, momma and I ordered pizza and watch "Easy A". :) I love that movie so much, and I'm once again blessed to be able to spend afternoons with my momma like I do.

Yesterday, I had a long shift at work(which I'm not 100% complaining about) in which it was uber slow! Not a fan of slow days where the times DRAGS on...
After the shift, I hurried my way to Travis Avenue Baptist...for my cousins Spring Showcase(for Travis Academy of Fine Arts). As much as I love my cousins, and I do...I feel as though since, I'm older...I'm critiquing every little thing now.  So many of those students have been told they are the best thing since sliced bread...but in all honesty...some of them...aren't that amazing. I was more impressed with the music portion of the showcase than I was of the singing...which in all honesty was MOST of the showcase. I couldn't handle watching the Jazz Choir, because certain members were WAY to into what they were doing. They need to remember there is a difference in concert performance and ACTING performance. It was almost unbearable to try and watch them sing. My cousin was in that group and I couldn't even WATCH her because I wanted to scream at the two girls who were driving me crazy! I know I'm probably over critical...but yeesh.
There were three groups I absolutely LOVED. The Fiddle Group, the Irish Dancers, and the Jazz Band. All three groups were.... phenomenal. I was blown away by how marvelous they were. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong country because I am absolutely mesmerized by fiddles and Celtic sounding music. I could literally listen to it for hours, along with watching Irish dance(mainly because I used to be a dancer and wish I hadn't stopped).
After the show ended we went to Cici's Pizza, where insanity ensued from all the children...and let's face it...teenagers act like they are between the ages of 5-10 when they are out in public most times. It's excruciating to sit there with them yelling...thinking they OWN the place you are at. Makes me wonder how they were raised sometimes...but then again...I was a teen once...I'm hoping I was NEVER that bad.

TODAY.... I finished my Art Appreciation final at 8:52 am(it started at 8:00 am) and I think I did a pretty good job on it. I'm hoping I at least got an A so that will keep my grade in the class at an A. I'm pushing for a 4.0 GPA this semester. It's the first time EVER that I've done this good in college, and I'm so proud of myself that I have ALL A's in my classes(NEVER happened...except for kindergarten-2nd grade) My US History through 1876 starts in less than 2 hours and I think I'm going to do well on that also. I HAVE to make an A on the final to make an A in the class. I know I can do it, as long as I take my time and re-check my answers... or actually think hard enough..because USUALLY when you change our answers, you are changing the RIGHT answer to the WRONG answer. lol
After that final, I'm going to have lunch with nana and papa, head home to let our my little ones(my dogs), after that getting my hair trimmed(so it's all the same length or at least closer to it), THEN going to pick up my sister from work. :)
Today...is also the 7 year anniversary of my cousin's death. I know I'll NEVER be able to forget this date.. ever. It doesn't feel as though it's been 7 years either. Brantly...he was more than my cousin...he was more like the brother I never had and I miss him everyday. There are days were I still think I can call him, then it hits me like a hammer that he isn't here. I wasn't as close to him as some  of my other family members...but in those last four years he was here, we were the closest we had been since Elementary school. I  know he is in heaven with God, and that gets me through the day sometimes...but the days where I wish he was here to help me through dilemmas I've gotten myself into...those days... I'm mad and bitter...those are not GOOD days.
I know I'll be with him one day, and that's what I ALWAYS remind myself(even on those bad days)

WOW, this is a LONG blog entry...sorry about that. Hope you enjoyed the short story here. haha.

Tiffany Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment